Overall Areas of Responsibility
Based on a clear brief of both the business growth strategy and the overall sales and marketing strategy, given by the VP sales and Marketing, the HODM carries the overall responsibility for planning and execution of all of the internal marketing efforts across the group alongside overseeing and managing the external billable marketing services sold to clients. The HOD is responsible for both the quality, timeliness and effectiveness of the marketing material produced for both internal and external clients.
The HODM is expected to be able to build a close relationship with the HOD sales and ensure that efforts in marketing are closely aligned and coordinated with the sales efforts.
Additionally the HODM will also be working to ensure that marketing is supporting HR in their needs in relation to recruitment - in particular marketing is also responsible for the overall employer branding health and for attracting job candidates through events and other related activities.
For external services, the growth should be done by a combination of building internal capabilities in alignment with the needs of clients and collaboration with the HOD sales to ensure services offered are adequate and ultimately sold at profitable rates and maximum utilization.
As such, the role requires a combination of strategic marketing and communication planning, focused and structured execution, attention to details, people management skills and the ability to collaborate with key stakeholders and colleagues.
The HODM is measured on the overall marketing performance, the profitability of the marketing services and the overall happiness of the people in the department alongside the satisfaction of key stakeholders served in all group affiliated entities. The measurement will be done in both through clear and agreed OKRs, through meeting KPIs such as ROI on ad Spent and also as part of the overall sales and revenue tracking.
- Following the growth strategy, brand strategy and communication plan, the HODM must, alongside the team, build, update, execute and maintain the quarterly marketing plan, one of the core responsibilities. This tool serves as the linchpin of all marketing efforts and should be the organizing principle of all internal marketing efforts.
- Tracking and reporting is an essential part of effective marketing, hence the HODM is responsible for the quality, validity and relevance of all tracking and reporting pertaining to marketing efforts. This must be closely coordinated with sales efforts and reporting, In the case of Employer branding and recruitment, it should be closely coordinated with HR/recruitment. The HODM is responsible for organizing, setting up and running all measuring and reporting. This includes both directing the internal marketing team and also collaborating with dev team and other departments that are needed to ensure we have the
- Hold regular check-ins with sales to verify the quality of leads generated and ensure we are constantly updating and adjusting the marketing efforts in alignment with the commercial needs.
The HOD is responsible for the overall well being and individual performances of all team members. Hence the HOD must help plan and manage the career and capability development of the entire marketing team. Its expected that regular 1-on-1s are held in accordance with the HR guidelines of the group. As part of this the HODM should also Set, monitor and report on team goals
- Review current marketing trends and advertisements to determine the effectiveness of different styles and strategies
- Analyze sales numbers in comparison to the marketing budget in order to find the profit margin and which campaigns were most effective
- Research competitors to stay current with similar products or services on the market
- Work with both the sales and marketing departments to develop successful strategies and campaigns that attract new customers and keep current clients
- Collaborate with other executives to make high-level decisions regarding the budget and the direction of the company
- Create and maintain a successful brand and image that attracts customers to the product or service
- Develop marketing strategies for new products or services that comply with current company standards
- Craft strategies for all Marketing teams, including Digital, Advertising, Communications and Creativ
- Prepare and manage monthly, quarterly and annual budgets for the Marketing departmen
- Set, monitor and report on team goals
- Design branding, positioning and pricing strategies
- Ensure our brand message is strong and consistent across all channels and marketing efforts (like events, email campaigns, web pages and promotional material)
- Analyze consumer behavior and determine customer personas
- Identify opportunities to reach new market segments and expand market share
- Craft quarterly and annual hiring plans
- Monitor competition (acquisitions, pricing changes and new products and features)
- Coordinate sales and marketing efforts to boost brand awareness
- Participate in the quarterly and annual planning of company objectives
- Build marketing plans and budgets for the smooth operation of marketing campaigns.
- Prepare social media marketing campaigns and strategize them such that they align with the business objectives.
- Create and monitor an advertisement on various platform keeping the business vision aligned.
- Monitor the team goals and their execution keenly.
- Ensure that the website, promotional material, marketing campaign strategy are updated on a regular basis.
- Prepare monthly marketing budget.
- Create monthly reports for the marketing department.
- Identify opportunities to reach new market segments and expand market share.
- Research about the latest marketing strategies and excel in marketing endeavors competitively.